Protocol Education are currently working with several Primary Schoolss within the Telford area who are searching for Learning Support Assistants to join their team. The successful applicant will be passionate, confident and resilient. You will either be a recent graduate, have experience working with children, or seeking to gain experience in a career working with children.
You will be supporting children across the whole class and often 1:1 for children with additional needs or barriers to learning. You will be set up the classroom for the day and uphold a strong classoom presence whilst motivating and inspiring all pupils.
You must be available to work Monday-Friday (term-time only) and live within the Telford (UK) area. We have roles beginning immediately (pending clearance).
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for teaching children
- Be able to work Monday-Friday (term time)
- Be able to support children on a 1:1 basis and in small groups
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Hold an enhanced DBS/ be willing to obtain one
The school can offer:
- An inclusive, calm, and caring learning environment
- A supportive and encouraging ethos, to allow you to develop at your own pace
- A commitment to doing the very best for all children in the school
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.