Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant
November 2022 start.
Are you a Psychology graduate with an interest in developing your experience in working with students with additional needs? Do you have relevant experience or an interest in working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Social, Emotional or Mental Health (SEMH) needs or PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties)? Are you hoping to go on to become an Educational Psychologist, Speech and Language Therapist?
We require teaching assistants to work with children who have special needs within our Lincolnshire schools. This role will give you a good overview into working with special needs. We are specifically looking for psychology graduates who have a keen interest in developing their SEN skills and can also help out with interventions. This may be in a mainstream or a SEND setting.
• A patient and understanding approach
• An interest in working with students with SEND
• Be flexible in your approach
• Existing DBS check on the update service- NEW DBS CHECKS CAN BE APPLIED FOR
• Existing experience working with children or adults with SEND advantageous, but not required
• Assist and support with the development and learning of students within the school
• Provide 1:1 and general support to students according to requirements for the day
• Work alongside other teaching and support staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment is maintained
• Be responsible for ensuring school policies are upheld including behaviour policies
Benefits of working with us
• Your personal online portal where you can update your availability for work
• Competitive rates of pay, weekly pay
• Professional support from our expert team of consultants
• Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
• Free CPD courses.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.