Trainee Teacher– Secondary School – Swindon
A secondary school in Swindon is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic trainee teacher to join their fantastic teaching staff.
The school is looking for someone with a degree OR a strong background working with young people in any capacity. This role does not require Qualified Teacher Status!
Similar to a Supply Teacher, but with no planning or making requirements, the role would be perfect for someone who wants to gain valuable experience working in a classroom, wants to embark on a teaching career or anybody looking for a bit of a career change and feels they can make a difference to the lives of young people.
The school provides a safe, well-disciplined and vibrant learning environment, alongside outstanding pastoral care for its students.
- As an unqualified teacher, you are responsible for supervising work pre-set in accordance with the schools’ guidelines, and ensuring such work is carried out to the best of the students abilities.
- To manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they undertake their work and ensuring a constructive and positive environment is always enforced.
- De-escalating situations within the classroom in the correct way certifying safeguarding procedures are always adhered.
- Collecting of work at the end of the lesson and returning it to the appropriate recipient.
- Reporting any safeguarding concerns using the school’s referral procedures and safeguarding policies.
- Degree Educated, or strong background in working with Children and Young People
- Someone who truly cares about the education of Children and Young People and enjoys working in a school environment.
- A person who can create positive relationships with both pupils and staff members to create the best learning environment possible.
- Excellent communication skills – Written and verbal
- Confidence in being in front of a class and handling potential behaviour issues.
- Flexible and adaptable to different situations in regards to lessons and year groups.
- Right to work in UK
What to Expect from Protocol
- An extremely competitive rate of pay at £80 - £100 per day (dependent on experience)
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE – No hidden costs!
- CPD opportunities through Protocol Education – Over 50 courses available online
- CV Writing and Support
- Social Events and networking opportunities to other educational staff
- A dedicated team of professional and experienced consultants to help and guide you
Start - 20/2/23
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.