Teaching Assistant with SEN Support
Location: Redbridge, London
Protocol Education are working in close collaboration with a secondary school who seeking to appoint a compassionate and dedicated individual looking to make a difference in the lives of students with special educational needs (SEN)?
Located in Redbridge this is an exciting opportunity is for a Teaching Assistant with SEN Support to join an inclusive mainstream secondary school.
This highly-rated school is dedicated to creating a caring and encouraging atmosphere for students, and we are in search of an enthusiastic team member to assist us in realizing this objective.
As a Teaching Assistant with SEN Support, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that all students have equal access to education and the opportunity to thrive. Your responsibilities will include:
- Individualized Support: Working closely with students who have SEN to provide tailored support and assistance in their academic and social development.
- Inclusive Classroom: Collaborating with teachers to create an inclusive classroom environment, adapting materials and activities to meet the diverse needs of our students.
- Assessment and Progress: Monitoring and tracking the progress of students with SEN, providing feedback to teachers and parents, and contributing to Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Behavioural Support: Assisting in managing behaviour and implementing strategies to promote a positive and respectful learning atmosphere.
- Small Group Work: Leading or participating in small group activities to reinforce learning and provide additional support.
- Personal Care: Providing personal care and assistance to students with specific needs as required.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience working with students with SEN is preferred but not mandatory.
- A caring and empathetic nature with a strong commitment to helping students succeed.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn and implement new strategies for supporting students with diverse needs.
- A passion for education and a desire to make a positive impact on the lives of young learners.
This school can offer you:
- A supportive and collaborative school community.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth.
- The chance to make a meaningful impact on the lives of students.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
How to Apply:
If you're eager to work as a Teaching Assistant with SEN Support in a mainstream secondary school in Redbridge and are dedicated to supporting the educational journey of students with special needs, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.