Job Title: SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: High Wycombe
Working Hours: Monday to Friday (Flexible hours are possible)
Salary: £80 - £100 per day
Protocol Education is currently seeking a dedicated Learning Support Assistant to join an outstanding secondary SEN school that caters to pupils with communication & interaction and/or moderate learning difficulties. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in supporting the individual learning needs of students across designated curriculum areas, fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment.Many pupils have other difficulties that impact their learning such as writing or organising themselves. Some pupils may have more significant learning needs with a variable range of abilities across areas of the curriculum. The level and/or complexity of their needs impacts on their overall level of attainment or functioning in school. Some pupils have medical conditions or physical limitations.
- Work closely with teachers to support the learning needs of a small group of students.
- Assist in designated curriculum areas and other requested areas to enhance the overall learning experience.
- Provide support to pupils with communication & interaction difficulties, moderate learning difficulties, and other challenges affecting their learning and confidence.
- Address individual needs related to language comprehension, writing, organization, and other difficulties impacting learning.
- Adapt to the varying range of abilities and complexities presented by students across different areas of the curriculum.
- Offer support to pupils with medical conditions or physical limitations.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a genuine passion for supporting students' learning journeys.
- A willingness to develop professionally in a collaborative and dynamic educational environment.
- Initiative and a positive attitude towards overcoming challenges.
- Experience is not essential; we are seeking the right individual with the right attitude.
Rewards and Benefits:
- Competitive daily rate: £80-£100 per day.
- Play a pivotal role in students' emotional development.
- Enjoy consistent work in a rewarding and supportive school environment.
- Continuous professional development through tailored training opportunities.
- Become an integral part of a collaborative school community.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students with diverse learning needs and are ready to contribute to a positive and inclusive educational setting, we invite you to apply for this rewarding position.
To apply, please submit your CV or email Abi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.