Graduate Teaching Assistant (SEN)
Hours: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm (Full-time and part-time positions available)
Salary: £77-£90 per day
Are you a recent graduate looking for opportunities in the field of education? Do you have a background in areas like Psychology, Drama, Speech and Language, or Art? Are you enthusiastic about making a lasting impact on the lives of children and young people? If you answered yes, Protocol Education has an outstanding opportunity for you to kickstart your career in working with children in education.
What We're Seeking:
We are in search of entry-level teaching assistants, learning mentors, and general classroom support staff who are eager to contribute to students' educational journeys. As a graduate teaching assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a safe and organized classroom environment and equipment.
- Assisting with record-keeping by documenting student observations during the school day.
- Collaborating with fellow school staff to share knowledge and insights about students.
- Demonstrating positive attitudes, values, and behaviors that align with the role and the school's expectations.
- Promoting, supporting, and facilitating inclusion by encouraging the participation of all students in learning and extracurricular activities.
- Providing teaching and learning support, including utilizing appropriate technical resources.
- Assisting students with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and additional needs.
What We Expect From You:
To excel in this role, we are looking for candidates who possess:
- Ambition and a strong desire to make a difference in children's lives.
- A willingness to commit to a long-term role.
- Reliability in terms of attendance and punctuality.
We welcome candidates from various backgrounds, including:
- Care workers
- Youth workers
- Sports coaches
- Individuals with experience working with SEN children
- Any other experience that can be transferable
Training and additional qualifications will be provided, offering you the opportunity for professional growth within the schools.
If this exciting opportunity aligns with your career aspirations, or if you would like more information, please apply today, and we will promptly get in touch with you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.