Job Title: Sociology Teacher
Contract: January 2024- December 2024
Pay: £155 to 250 a day
We are currently seeking a highly qualified and passionate Sociology Teacher to join our team in South London, Lambeth. As a reputable educational institution, we are committed to providing our students with a well-rounded education that prepares them for success in their academic and personal lives. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sociology and a genuine enthusiasm for teaching and inspiring young minds.
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including lesson planning, developing resources and syllabuses, and contributing to the departmental plan)
- Curriculum planning
- Staff development (including continuing professional development and engaging fully in the Performance Management Review process)
- Quality assurance (including contributing to the process of monitoring and evaluating the subject area)
- Management of information (including maintaining appropriate records and tracking student progress)
- Communications with students, parents and other stakeholders
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, ensuring a high quality learning experience for students
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Have successful teaching experience at secondary level (can be teaching practice), ideally including experience in multi-ethnic urban schools and of working in an 11-18 school.
- Understand the importance of high expectations and equality of access for all students, and of being a tutor.
- Have knowledge of National Curriculum requirements at KS3 and KS4, and of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students' work
- Be able to communicate positively with parents, carers, and other external agencies where necessary.
- Be able to motivate students and raise their aspirations through a range of strategies.
How to Apply:
If you are a dedicated Sociology Teacher with a passion for education and a desire to make a difference, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your CV and any relevant teaching certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.