Protocol Education are currently recruiting Teaching/Learning Support Assistants to work on a Full-time basis with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
In this profoundly rewarding job, you will work in a school supporting vulnerable young pupils at the beginning of their education. We are working with a number of schools in the Newcastle upon Tyne area (United Kingdom) who are facing a high demand for additional support. We have positions starting immediately (pending clearance).
- Supporting children with SEND on a 1:1 and small group basis.
- Ensuring that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
- Developing knowledge of the particular needs of the children and seeking advice from the SENCo, class teacher and outside agencies as required.
- Providing positive reinforcements, praise and rewards to pupils.
- Motivating pupils to learn and be sociable.
- Understanding and applying the school policies on learning and behaviour, and the statutory guidelines relating to disability discrimination and special educational needs.
- Maintaining confidentiality and sensitivity to the pupil's needs but having regard to the safeguarding procedures of the school.
- Understanding and applying the schools policies on learning and behaviour, and the statutory guidelines relating to disability discrimination and special education needs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working in a SEN setting (desirable).
- Have experience working with SEN children and willing to help with pupils personal care if required.
- Be confident and self-motivated
- Be available for a minimum of 3 days a week
- Have good time management/organisational skills/take well to direction
- Punctual, professional & reliable
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confidence working with children 1:1 and a passion for the progress of pupils.
- An ability to work as part of a team.
- Be required to work closely with Class Teachers and staff, Parents, Special Needs Leader and Outside Agencies.
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the child and in adapting and/or developing activities and games that support the development of the child’s independent communication and learning skills.
We can offer you:
- Experienced consultant.
- Competitive rates of pay that express your experience and responsibilities
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support throughout your placements from our dedicated team of experts
If you are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the schools pupils, Apply Now! All applicants will be considered by the team. Alternatively, give us a call on 0191 279 7270
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.