Are you a dedicated Level 3 Teaching Assistant with a passion for inclusive education? Join Protocol Education and use your expertise to make a difference in the lives of students with diverse backgrounds. We're seeking a skilled Teaching Assistant with experience in British Sign Language (BSL) and English as an Additional Language (EAL) to join our team!
Position: Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £77-£90 Per Day
About Protocol Education:
Protocol Education is committed to providing exceptional educational support that embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. As a Level 3 Teaching Assistant, your role will be pivotal in fostering an environment where all students can thrive.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with teachers to provide targeted support to students with diverse learning needs, including those with BSL requirements and EAL backgrounds
- Adapt and create teaching materials to suit individual learning styles and linguistic needs
- Utilize BSL skills to facilitate communication and inclusion for students with hearing impairments
- Support EAL students in their language acquisition journey, helping them integrate and succeed in the classroom
What We're Looking For:
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- Proficiency in British Sign Language (BSL) and experience working with students who have hearing impairments
- Familiarity with English as an Additional Language (EAL) strategies and approaches
- Strong communication skills and ability to connect with students from diverse backgrounds
- Patience, empathy, and adaptability to meet individual learning needs
- Prior experience as a Level 3 Teaching Assistant, particularly with BSL and EAL students, is preferred
- Relevant certifications or qualifications in BSL and EAL are highly beneficial
Why Join Protocol Education?
- Opportunity to work in a supportive and inclusive educational environment
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities
- Impactful work that contributes to students' success and well-being
- Competitive salary and benefits package
If you're passionate about fostering inclusivity and facilitating learning for students with diverse needs, we'd love to hear from you!
Join us in creating an inclusive and empowering educational experience for all students. Apply now and become an integral part of the Protocol Education team
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.