Protocol Education, a leading provider of educational staffing, is actively seeking empathetic and committed PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities) Teaching Assistants to join our esteemed team. We have an exciting opportunity to collaborate with a distinguished PMLD specialist school located in Gillingham, Kent. If you are passionate about contributing to the development of students with complex needs, this role provides a fulfilling avenue to make a meaningful difference.
- Facilitate one-to-one support and assistance for students with profound and multiple learning disabilities.
- Execute individual education plans (IEPs) and behavior management strategies in coordination with the class teacher and PMLD specialists.
- Provide assistance with personal care tasks, including feeding, toileting, and mobility support, ensuring the safety and well-being of each student.
- Cultivate an inclusive and supportive learning environment that encourages independence, communication, and social development.
- Collaborate with the class teacher and multidisciplinary team to evaluate and track progress, adjusting instructional approaches to meet individual needs.
- Aid in the utilization of specialized equipment and resources, including sensory tools and communication aids.
- Foster positive relationships with parents and caregivers, maintaining transparent communication channels.
- Proven experience working with individuals with profound and multiple learning disabilities, preferably within an educational or care setting.
- In-depth knowledge and comprehension of various PMLD conditions and associated support strategies.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to tailor communication methods to suit individual needs.
- Demonstrate compassion, patience, and empathy, coupled with a sincere dedication to supporting students with complex needs.
- Display flexibility and adaptability, considering the potential requirement to work with students across various age groups and abilities.
- Possess a valid enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check or the willingness to obtain one.
- Hold relevant qualifications, such as CACHE Level 2 or 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent.
- Competitive remuneration based on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible working hours that accommodate your availability.
- Access to ongoing professional development opportunities and training.
- Dedicated support from the Protocol Education team throughout your assignment.
To express your interest, please ensure you submit your CV and a personalised cover letter detailing your relevant experience and suitability for the role via the online portal.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.