We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and flexible teaching assistants. A SEND Teaching Assistant is required to support a child with an EHCP for some of the role as well as support with the intervention and whole class for some of the hours. Experience of supporting children’s learning on a 1:1 level and working with teams to support the needs of all children will be essential.
Protocol Education can offer -
• engaged, creative, eager learners who rise to challenges and are determined to do their best.
• a commitment to innovative teaching, contextualised learning and the quality of children’s experiences, at the heart of the curriculum.
• a strong commitment to, and a good track record of, supporting the learning and social inclusion/development of SEN children.
• a highly effective group of teaching assistants, both SEN and learning support, who work together a team.
• a full commitment to the professional development of Teaching Assistants both as individuals and as a team.
• Strong leadership and support from senior leaders
The new TA will:
• be patient and have an unconditionally positive approach to children with distressed behaviours
• bring an enthusiasm for the role and a passion for helping every child achieve.
• be fun but firm with a clear and consistent approach with high expectations of learning and behaviour.
• be a team player with good communication skills, willing to be flexible and work collaboratively with the team.
• be willing to and have experience of working with children across Key Stage 2 in class, in small groups or 1:1.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.