We are seeking a skilled and compassionate SEMH Classroom Support professional to join our team of dedicated educators. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children and young people who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs, and be able to provide 1-1 support to students who require additional assistance.
The SEMH Classroom Support role involves working closely with students who require additional support, both within the classroom and in other settings. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing 1-1 support to students who require additional assistance with their learning, behaviour or social development
- Developing and implementing personalised learning plans in collaboration with teachers and other professionals
- Building positive relationships with students, parents/carers and other professionals involved in the student's care
- Monitoring and reporting on student progress, and adapting support strategies as needed
- Supporting the wider classroom team in managing behaviour and creating a safe and positive learning environment for all students
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience working with children and young people who have SEMH needs
- A relevant qualification in education, social work, psychology or a creative related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- A positive and optimistic outlook, and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of children and young people
If you are passionate about supporting the learning and development of children and young people with SEMH needs, and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.