We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Teaching Assistant to join a secondary school to work across Year 7 to Year 11 as general support as well as 1:1 and small group support.
We are looking for innovative, inspirational Teaching Assistants who puts the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
The school are supportive, encouraging and are open to applications from candidates who have not specifically worked as a Teaching Assistant in the past but may have worked with children and or young adults in the past and have the desire to start their Teaching Assistant career.
This is an excellent opportunity to help develop an inclusive and innovative school who believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable their students to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, they support all of their staff in creating a highly successful learning environment for our students and we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
What will you do?
• Implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom.
• The teaching assistant may also supervise whole classes occasionally.
• Provide pupil, teacher, curriculum and school support.
• Lead intervention clubs with students.
What are we looking for?
• Will show commitment to working to support and enhance the school's spiritual ethos;
• Will enjoy a challenge and be able to motivate and improve a growing school;
• Is aspiring to become, if not already, an excellent classromm practitioner;
• Is resourceful, dynamic and brings a clear understanding of assessment of learning.
If you are interested in being considered for this Teaching Assistant vacancy, please apply immediately and we will arrange a trial interview for you ASAP.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.