Job Title: Physics Teacher
Job Type: Full-Time
A leading educational institution in Barnet, is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Physics Teacher to join our dedicated Science Department. The successful candidate will be passionate about Physics education, have a strong background in the subject, and a commitment to fostering a positive learning environment.
Curriculum Development and Delivery:
- Plan and deliver high-quality Physics lessons in accordance with the National Curriculum.
- Inspire and engage students in the wonders of Physics through innovative teaching methods.
Assessment and Feedback:
- Implement effective assessment strategies to monitor and evaluate student progress.
- Provide constructive feedback to students, parents, and colleagues.
- Oversee and maintain the science laboratory, ensuring a safe and conducive environment for practical experiments.
- Plan and conduct hands-on experiments to enhance the learning experience.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom atmosphere that promotes active participation and respect.
- Effectively manage student behavior, creating a conducive environment for learning.
- Encourage student participation in science-related clubs, competitions, and events.
- Organize and supervise relevant extracurricular activities.
- Collaborate with the Science Department and other teaching staff to enhance interdisciplinary learning opportunities.
- Participate in departmental meetings and contribute to curriculum development.
- Stay updated on advancements in Physics education.
- Engage in continuous professional development to enhance teaching skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
- Degree in Physics or a related field.
- Experience in teaching Physics at the specified level.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum and current educational practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.