Graduate Teaching Assistant
Protocol Education are working in partnership with a co-educational Secondary School based in Islington who are seeking to appoint a Graduate Teaching Assistant specialising in Maths, English or Science. The school is a leading institution renowned for its commitment to academic excellence, holistic development, and fostering a supportive learning environment. They have a diverse student body, and pride themselves on nurturing students' intellectual curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking skills. With state-of-the-art facilities and a dedicated team of educators, they provide a stimulating and inclusive environment where students can flourish.
Are you ready to embark on a fulfilling journey in the realm of education? We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals like you to join a dynamic Learning Support Team team as a Graduate Teaching Assistant specialising in either Maths, English or Science. If you have a genuine passion for helping students succeed and want to make a positive impact in their lives whilst specialising in your degree subject, this opportunity is tailor-made for you!
Responsibilities of a Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Assist teachers in planning and delivering engaging and interactive lessons
- Provide individual and small group support, ensuring students' comprehension and reinforcing key concepts.
- Facilitate classroom activities and discussions, fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Offer guidance and mentorship to students, promoting their personal and academic development.
- Assess student progress and provide constructive feedback to both students and teachers.
- Collaborate with the teaching staff to develop and implement innovative teaching strategies and resources.
Requirements of a Graduate Teaching Assistant:
- Genuine passion for education and a desire to make a difference.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to connect with students.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
If you are an ambitious, compassionate, and dedicated individual, ready to embark on a rewarding journey with us, we would love to hear from you! Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a trial day with the school followed by an interview with the SENCO.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.