At Protocol Education, we are currently looking for a SEND teacher with a genuine passion for transforming the lives of vulnerable learners to work in a school based in Lewisham.
This role is perfect for qualified teachers, who are eager to work with students with Social Emotional and Mental Health needs, in a creative, flexible enviroment to raise their engagement and drastically improve the outlook of their educational journey.
What we offer our SEND Teachers:
- Pay - M scale
- Extensive CPD, progression and upskilling opportunities
- Experienced consultants to support you
- Planning each session of teaching / tutoring / mentoring
- Providing students engaging sessions which meet their needs and advance their educational and social-emotional journey
- Completing lesson reports and providing feedback on the young person's progress
- Professional Teaching Qualifications (QTS / QTLS / PGCE)
- Minimum 1 year teaching experience
- Experience working with young people with SEMH
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of safeguarding processes
- Enhanced DBS (we can help obtain this at cost if needed)
- Two professional references
- Must promotes the health, safety and wellbeing of children and young people and follow safeguarding policies and procedures at all times
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.