Salary: £11.66 - £13.66 per hour
Protocol Education is currently recruiting for a Nursery Assistant to work in a number of nurseries located across Chelmsford and the surrounding areas. As a supply worker, you will work on an ad-hoc basis, covering staff absences, holidays and other ad-hoc bookings.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a nursery, possess a genuine passion and interest in working with children, and be able to work effectively as part of a team. In addition, the candidate must be flexible, reliable and have a real driving passion to provide high-quality care and education to children.
• Assisting the Room Leader and Nursery Nurse in planning, organising and implementing daily activities for the children in line with the EYFS curriculum.
• Maintaining a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment that promotes children's learning and development.
• Providing a high standard of care to children including feeding, changing and comforting babies and toddlers.
• Level 2 or 3 Early Years qualification (or an equivalent qualification) - this is preferred but not essential
• Previous experience of working in a nursery or early years setting
• A genuine passion and interest in working with children
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of the EYFS curriculum
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Enhanced DBS clearance
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.