Protocol Education is currently in the process of recruiting a dedicated Mental Health Youth Support Worker to collaborate with students who have Social, Emotional, Mental Health (SEMH) needs in schools across Sunderland, South Tyneside, and Gateshead. The schools in question cater to students with a range of specific requirements, including Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC), complex learning disabilities, as well as those identified with educational needs through statements or Educational, Health, and Care Plans (EHCP). These schools take great pride in their affiliation with a supportive local authority, striving to provide comprehensive support to each child, empowering them to boost their self-esteem, meet challenging personal goals, and foster a genuine passion for learning. The entire staff is dedicated to inspiring, motivating, challenging, and supporting every pupil, irrespective of their unique requirements.
We are searching for the ideal candidate to fill the role of Social, Emotional, Mental Health Youth Support Worker. The individual we seek should possess a high level of professionalism and a deep commitment to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and SEMH, while also demonstrating a remarkable ability to adapt to the diverse needs of each student, including exemplary behavior management.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to join an experienced and innovative team with enormous potential! To be the right fit, you should:
- Believe in the potential for every student, regardless of their background or specific needs, to achieve remarkable progress.
- Exhibit unwavering dedication, determination, creativity, and inspiration in your leadership style and presence.
- Employ a wide array of communication techniques to deliver engaging and thoughtful lessons and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) sessions.
- Show genuine care and possess the drive and passion to cultivate strong relationships and well-being among staff, students, parents, governors, professionals, and the local community.
In return, Protocol Education can provide you with:
- Competitive compensation packages tailored to your experience and responsibilities.
- Opportunities for CPD during half-term or summer breaks.
- A £50 bonus for Teacher/Teaching Assistant referrals.
- Access to free webinars and social events.
- Inclusion in the NQT/ECT network and community.
- Assistance with CV writing and marketing tools to further your career
If this sounds like you. Don't delay. Apply today. For a confidential chat or to find out about our other positions call 0191 279 7270. Alternatively email email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.