Protocol Education are currently seeking Learning Support Assistants to work in Secondary Schools in Greater Manchester, specifically South West and South East Manchester (Trafford, Manchester Town Centre, Fallowfield, Stockport, Tameside, Didsbury, Longsight etc).
In this highly rewarding role, you will be supporting KS3-KS4 children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs (SEMH), for example, children with Autism, ADHD, Speech, Language and Communication Needs, Anxiety, Depression, etc. Some days you will work on a 1:1 basis, and others in small groups of 6-8 students. Your support will be a cruical part of the development and growth of the children you support.
We work with a number of Secondary schools in the area who are in demand for Teaching Assistants, providing you with the opportunity to gain valuable experience within an educational setting, with access to training to advance in a career within the education sector.
The role is a perfect fit for candidates who are recent Graduates, for example in Psychology/ Sociology/ Criminology, or for those who enjoy working with children and have a passion for supporting with the personal and academic development of young people. Whilst no prior experience is necessary, commitment, dedication and passion are some of the key attributes that we are looking for in a Teaching Assistant.
- Monday to Friday (Full-time)
- Hours typically 8:30am-3:30pm
- Working with children with additional needs such as Autism, ADHD, challenging behaviour, etc.
- You may be working on a 1:1 basis, or with small groups of 6-8 students.
- Access to CPD training and an experienced consultant.
- You will follow the curriculum and support the development of learners
- Delivering targeted intervention for key skills such as speech and language, reading and comprehension, literacy and numeracy.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a love for education and learning.
- Be engaging, passionate, and empathetic.
- Have excellent communication skills whilst dealing with both children, teachers and parents.
- Have the Right to Work in the UK.
We can offer you:
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- £50 Refer a Friend Scheme*
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support throughout your placements from our dedicated team of experts
If you believe that you are an ideal fit for this opportunity then please do not hesitate in applying with an up-to-date CV. Alternatively, if you are interested in hearing about more opportunities within Protocol Education, apply with an up-to-date CV and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.