Learning Support Assistant
We are looking to appoint a strong, enthusiastic, committed and creative classroom-based Learning Support Assistant to join a fantastic school in Cambridge.
Successful candidates will be required to work flexibly taking direction from the class teachers and SENCo in adapting and planning activities to take students' learning forward.
Key responsibilities relating to small group provision and intervention for SEND pupils. The students' needs are at the core of our ethos and successful candidates will be required to support the emotional and social development of the young people they work with.
Candidates must be able to carry out and write up necessary observations to inform and evaluate the child's needs. They must be experienced classroom practitioners proactive in dealing with students and identifying groups or individuals who may be falling behind in their learning.
Candidates must be able to use their own initiative and will have the following:
- Good standard of education; Maths and English GCSE grades 4 and above, or equivalent;
- Can provide excellent classroom support in literacy, numeracy and behavioural needs;
- Good organisation and inter-personal skills;
- Be committed to high achievement from students and themselves
Here at Protocol, we can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay through PAYE
- Guaranteed work agreements that guarantee consistent work and income
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Social events including free bowling and pizza nights
- Ongoing honest, friendly and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £50 Bonus ‘refer a teacher/TA’ payment scheme
- Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If this is an opportunity that interests you, apply now either through this advert or on our Protocol Education website.
Working days: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 3:30pm. We are interested to hear from candidates with a range of experiences.
Shortlisting and interviews will be conducted immediately.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.