Protocol Education are currently recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to work in a thriving Primary and Secondary special needs school based in the Weston area
These two schools are part of a small multi-academy trust that was set up with the ambition to improve the SEND provision in the South West and provide as many young people as possible with a bespoke, specialist education that is tailored to each individual's needs.
Are you looking for a new challenge? The opportunity to make a difference and enrich the lives of children with behaviour needs? We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic and committed Student Engagement Tutor to join our team in a safe, secure and welcoming environment.
The position involves responding to and de-escalating crisis situations as they arise, supporting pupils with their learning in classroom, collaboratively developing personalised plans for pupils, recording and monitoring data. This position would be suited to a candidate with a proven track record of pastoral care, youth work or school-based behaviour management experience. Students with SEMH needs can display challenging behaviour so exceptional behaviour management skills with the ability to be supportive are a must.
The ideal candidate will be professional and passionate about SEMH and supporting children with additional needs and being fully able to adapt themselves to meet each individual needs, including excellent behaviour management.
Position: Learning Support Assistant
Start dates: ASAP
The successful applicants will:
- A good understanding of the KS3 curriculum.
- At least one years’ experience of working in a learning/childcare setting.
- The ability to support reading and phonics for those students at the early stages of reading.
- The ability to support our programme of extra-curricular activities.
- A flexible, adaptable and positive attitude to working in a structured environment.
- The ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- The skills of empathy, listening, communication and the ability to respond to unexpressed need.
- A willingness to undertake the further training that will be offered.
Protocol Eduction can offer;
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer
- £250 refer a friend rebate
- Free Webinars
- Social events (currently online)
- NQT/ECT network and community
- CV writing assistance and marking tools
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.