About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working person with high expectations of themselves and others to join our school team as a SEN Teaching Assistant supporting our Key Stage 1. The role is to work on a 1:1 basis with a child with social and communication difficulties.
The contract is fixed term, with no end date, until the child leaves the school or until funding changes or ceases, whichever is the sooner. The role is for 28 hours and 20 minutes per week and the pattern of work is 8.40 am – 3.20 pm, Monday - Friday, term time only, with an hour’s unpaid lunch. Some flexibility regarding hours may be negotiable for the right person. The role starts as soon as possible.
The School are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- has knowledge of the primary curriculum,
- has high expectations of achievement and behaviour,
- has good numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths is desirable),
- has experience of working with children with SEND (desirable),
- can confidently communicate with parents, carers and class teachers; and
- understands and embraces the school's ethos.
Th School are:
- a 'good' school (Ofsted 2023),
- a friendly, dedicated and hard-working team; and
- a spacious, well-resourced, popular and over-subscribed school.
If this role interests you or you would like more information about the role . Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.