Exciting Opportunity! Food Technician Wanted in Leeds!
Are you passionate about food and technology? Do you thrive in a hands-on role where you can put your culinary skills to work? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Protocol Education are seeking a dedicated and skilled Food Technician to join our team and support our students' culinary experiences.
As a Food Technician, you will play a vital role in our Food Technology department, assisting teachers in delivering practical lessons and ensuring the smooth operation of our kitchen facilities. You will work closely with students, providing guidance and instruction on food preparation techniques, equipment usage, and safety protocols. Your expertise and attention to detail will contribute to creating a safe, engaging, and inspiring learning environment.
- Assisting teachers in planning and preparing practical lessons.
- Setting up and maintaining kitchen equipment and resources.
- Guiding and supervising students during food preparation activities.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and food hygiene standards.
- Managing inventory and ordering supplies as needed.
- Supporting the cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchen area.
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably in an educational or culinary environment.
- Strong knowledge of food safety, hygiene, and kitchen procedures.
- Proficiency in using kitchen equipment and tools.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and interact with students of all ages.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude towards food and technology.
Why join us:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- The opportunity to contribute to the education and development of young learners.
- Access to well-equipped kitchen facilities and resources.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Professional growth and training opportunities.
If you are a dedicated and skilled Food Technician with a passion for culinary arts and a desire to make a difference in the lives of students, we want to hear from you! Apply now to join our team in Leeds and be part of our exciting journey in shaping future culinary talents!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.