Family Support Worker
2 positions availble!
We are seeking a passionate, confident and caring Family Support Worker to work in special need schools based in the Nottinghamshire area in Barkestone. This role is ideal for someone who has experience supporting pupils and parents in a Special Needs setting or/and experience supporting; delivering interventions people with mental health & wellbeing issues.
The school is a thriving Special Needs school who have pupils that display challenging behaviours with diagnosises such as ASC, ADHD, A&T, PTSD and SEMH. The school have a farm too with outdoor learning taking place and a great team of staff who want the pupils to reach their full potential!
The school are looking for 2 Family Support Workers who can be based at both sites in the upper and lower school. The educators applying for this role, need to be a team player, an excellent communicator and able to manage their own workload when required. The role involves:
- Delivering 1:1 and small group interventions to targeted pupils who require support with mental health issues, wellbeing and behaviour in school
- Supporting parents who contact the school requiring support with their child at home or in school
- Laisie with Teachers and staff regarding support required for individual pupils and parents who need Teacher input regarding behaviour and school work
- Recording data from interventions, progress and supportin in place
- Working on own CPL to keep skills and knoweldge updated with mental health and wellbeing policies, agreements and procedures
- Liasie with the Head Teacher to give updates on pupils' progress and parental support
- Manage own admin and record any concerns on CPOMs following Safeguarding policies and procedures
- Deliver presentations to staff on wellbeing and mental health updates and support required for pupils
- Engage in annual meetings and EHCPs meetings when required
This role is full time, temp to perm basis, term time work (+ 2 weeks) only - 8am-4pm working hours. We recommend applicants who are able to drive and have (or can arrange) business insurance to make us aware. The salary will be discussed at the interveiw.
The qualifications required for the role are flexiable, but do require applicants having a Level 2, Level 3 or above (or working towards qualifications) in Psychology, Wellbeing, Mental Health or Special Needs. As well as completing CPL on those subject areas and being able to demostrate working with adults, children and families requiring support in the home or with mental health issues.
The school are eager to get successful eduator interviewed so they can start the role ASAP or in September - so please apply now with an up to date CV!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.