North Tyneside English Teacher– ASAP (or April)
A North Tyneside secondary school requires an English Teacher to work on a full time basis until the end of the academic year. There is a high possibility this role would be made permanent in the academic year 2023-2024. This role is to ideally begin immediately but the school will be willing to wait until April (to secure the right candidate)
This is an OFSTED graded good school located close to the Coast Road and within easy reach of the Tyne and Wear Metro. It is a short distance from both Newcastle city centre and the Tyne Tunnel making commuting possible from the surrounding areas of South Tyneside, North Tyneside and Northumberland.
The school requires a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher of English to teach KS3-KS4. The successful English Teacher must be committed to the progress of all pupils , demonstrate passion for their subject and be committed to their own professional development. .
OFSTED (2020), noted that good staff training is developing the quality of education within this school. You will have access to high quality CPD which will allow you to develop your pedagogy and practise. Behaviour at this school is good (OFSTED 2020). Pupils conduct themselves well. Pupils trust the staff and have good relationships with them. The school also offers an “Outstanding” sixth form provision.
- setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest
- setting appropriate and demanding expectations
- providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge
- ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time
- ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught
- evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness
- contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the schools policies, practices and procedures in such a way as to support the schools values and vision
- contribute to PSHE and citizenship and enterprise with the school
We are willing to consider applications from both experienced English Teachers and ECTs.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.