Are you a passionate and skilled dancer with the ability to inspire and educate young minds through the art of dance?
Do you believe that dance can be a transformative form of self-expression and a valuable part of a student's education?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Dance Teacher to join a school's creative arts department.
- Plan, design, and deliver dynamic and engaging dance lessons tailored to Key Stage 3 students.
- Develop a comprehensive dance curriculum that encompasses various dance styles, techniques, and cultural expressions.
- Create a positive and inclusive dance studio environment that encourages self-expression and artistic growth.
- Organize and choreograph school performances, showcases, and dance productions to showcase students' talent and hard work.
- Assess and evaluate students' dance progress, providing constructive feedback and guidance to help them develop their skills.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the creative arts department to integrate cross-disciplinary themes and encourage holistic artistic growth.
- Maintain accurate records of student performance, attendance, and participation, and communicate regularly with parents/guardians regarding student progress.
- Stay informed about current developments in dance education and incorporate innovative teaching techniques and technology into the curriculum.
- Bachelor's degree in Dance, Performing Arts, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Teaching certification or license in Dance Education (QTS).
- Demonstrated experience in teaching dance to Key Stage 3 students.
- Proficiency in a variety of dance styles, including contemporary, ballet, hip-hop, and cultural dance forms.
- Strong knowledge of dance curriculum, instructional strategies, and assessment practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate students.
- Passion for dance as a means of self-expression and personal growth.
- Experience in choreography and the ability to stage and direct dance performances.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.