SECONDARY SUPPORT ASSISTANT NEEDED!
Our Newham clients are searching for experienced and/or qualified Teaching Assistants to work within their Secondary School this academic year.
This is a SEND school for children from Key Stage 3 and above with Autism and/or Social Emotional Mental Health difficulties.
A classroom usually has 6- 10 students being supported by 3-4 Learning Assistants and a Teacher. Extra support and training accessible for all candidates.
For this role, the successful candidate will have worked closely with children with Special Educational Needs and are keen to continue in that line of work. They will find joy and achievement in supporting children on an alternate and unique learning journey.
SEND schools focus on creative methods of learning e.g. workshops, art, cooking, swimming and other physical activities. If you specialise in Creative Arts this could be the place for you!
We welcome candidate of all backgrounds and experiences who wish to create an interactive and positive environment and will not shy away from a challenge.
- Excellent weekly pay, paid into your account every Friday
- Training and development courses to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Dedicated consultant who will support you through your placement
- Rewarding job with an excellent, supportive team around you
- Invites to Protocol Education coffee mornings and events hosted for our educators
- Refer a friend for £50 reward!
Qualities, roles and responsibilities:
- To help in the preparation and organisation of the classroom resources
- To feedback information to the Teacher in charge of the provision
- To lead small group activities within a class as directed by the teacher
- To help the students work as independently as possible
- Passionate and interested working with children who have SEND
- Patient and understanding approach
- Proactive and positive attitude in the classroom
If this is the role for you, apply now or email your CV to email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.