Are you an individual with a passion for Drama, Sports, Art or Music?
Are you looking to progress a career within the Education Sector?
We are currently seeking a creative classroom assistant who will be required to use their creative skills and apply them to different students to help bring out their unique skills and personalities.
The successful candidate will be required to work x5 days per week 8:00-16:00 and start in September 2023. This primary school is based in Islington, and within walking distance to the train station.
- Excellent weekly pay, paid into your account every Friday
- Consistent work at the same school for the whole academic year
- Online training courses available for you, FREE or discounted
- Opportunities for professional development
- Regular reviews and pay increases based on performance
- Rewarding job with an excellent, supportive team around you
- Invites to Protocol Education coffee mornings and events hosted for candidates
- Recommend a friend incentive scheme earning £50.00 per person (uncapped!)
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons and clearing away afterwards so as to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Assisting Teachers in preparing the lesson materials and school equipment
- Recording and reporting a pupil’s progress to the Teacher
- Helping pupils stay focused during class hours
- Supervising group activities, sport events and school outings
- Helping Teachers manage student behaviour
- Looking after children who are unwell or upset
- Providing a healthy and safe learning environment for children
- Ability to communicate clearly with Teachers and younger individuals
- Ability to create an encouraging learning environment for pupils
- Active listening skills
- Understanding and sensitivity towards children
- Excellent knowledge of lessons that pupils are required to learn in class
- Ability to carry out tasks involving a computer or hand-device
- Ability to remain calm, during stressful situations
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.