Biology Teacher - September Start
Location: Camden, London
Are you a passionate Biology educator eager to make a lasting impact on young minds? We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Biology Teacher to join a vibrant secondary school in Camden for a September start. As a Biology Teacher, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and nurturing the next generation of scientists and leaders.
- Develop and deliver engaging and interactive Biology lessons to students at various levels, ensuring the curriculum is effectively covered.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages student participation and active engagement.
- Assess student progress through regular assignments, tests, and examinations, providing constructive feedback to help students improve.
- Monitor and track student performance, identifying areas for improvement and implementing appropriate strategies.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance, grades, and other relevant student data.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and enhance the Biology curriculum, sharing best practices and resources.
- Keep up-to-date with advancements in the field of Biology, integrating current research and discoveries into lesson plans.
- Encourage student participation in extracurricular activities, such as science fairs, competitions, and field trips.
- Attend staff meetings, parent-teacher conferences, and other school events as required.
- A degree in Biology or a related field is essential. A postgraduate qualification in Education or a teaching certification is highly desirable.
- Proven experience teaching Biology to secondary school students, with a strong understanding of the national curriculum.
- Passion for Biology and a genuine enthusiasm for inspiring students to explore the subject further.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and connect with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to plan lessons effectively and manage time efficiently.
- Dedication to promoting a safe and supportive learning environment where every student can thrive.
- Familiarity with educational technology and the ability to integrate it into teaching practices.
The Secondary chool is located in the vibrant borough of Camden, London. They pride themselves on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment where students are encouraged to reach their full potential. With a strong focus on academic excellence and personal growth, their dedicated team of educators strives to instil a lifelong love for learning in their students. They offer modern facilities, extensive resources, and a supportive network for professional development.
To Apply: If you are excited about the prospect of inspiring young minds in the field of Biology, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your comprehensive CV, along with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and teaching philosophy, to sha Applications will be accepted until 26th June.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Join us in shaping the future generation of scientists and make a meaningful impact as a Biology Teacher in an esteemed secondary school. Apply today and embark on an exciting educational journey!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.