Are you a Drama, Sports or Psychology graduate?
Protocol has lots of SEND Support roles available now on full time or part time basis. If you are a recent graduate, now is the time to get registered to secure a graduate position!
If you are looking to gain experience to move into a chosen career field such as teaching, speech and language therapy, psychologist or any career working with children with special needs and are interested in supporting vulnerable young people this could be the role for you.
At Protocol we work with a range of secondary schools across South Yorkshire, many of which have specialist SENd units within the school. We work with our schools and with you to find you the role that fits. We offer short term work around studies as well as long term placements, often with the opportunity to become permanent. This acts as a great step up if you are looking for a career in Education, especially if you are intending to go on and complete your teacher training or work with young people in a wider context.
The following experience/skills are desirable but not essential:
• Youth Community work experience.
• Have studied one of the following Drama, Sports coaching or Psychology
• Outgoing, strong, confident personality and can work independently
• SEND experience - SEMH, MLD, SEN, ASC - either professionally or personally.
• Have worked in residential support or as a care worker
• Possess Team Teach or some physical intervention training or be willing to train for the above to enhance your prospects of progressing.
• Mentoring or 1:1 student tuition in either English, Maths or Science
• Teaching/Learning Support Assistance/ Numeracy and Literacy support
Protocol Education has been placing teaching professionals in a range of settings for many years. We are a REC accredited and audited company, this means we really take safeguarding seriously and are a leading fully compliant provider within the education sector. We have a large office network that stretches from the North East to the South West and most areas in-between. Wherever life takes you, Protocol can be there to help find you work.
Protocol Education requires the following from its Support Workers;
• A DBS certificate with a live subscription to the update service or be willing to get one.
• Two professional references covering the last three years.
• Someone who is committed to the safeguarding of young people.
For more information, or to apply, please attach your CV to your application and we will be in touch for a chat.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.