We are currently recruiting for an Afterschool Club Manager.
The purpose of the post is to manage the delivery of an integrated Out of School service within a school and our holiday playscheme outside of term. The service includes childcare, learning, activity clubs and opportunities for play for children aged between 4-11 years old, in a safe secure and welcoming environment.
Rate of pay: £16.15 per hour (Working 38 weeks of the year part-time and around 4 weeks of the year full-time)
The working hours are 2pm-6pm Monday - Friday.
- Excellent hourly rate, paid into your account every Friday
- Part time work to fit around your schedule
- Training courses provided free of charge
- Opportunities for further development
- Regular reviews and pay increases based on performance
- Rewarding job with an excellent, supportive team around you
- Invites to Protocol Education coffee mornings and events hosted for candidates
- Recommend a friend incentive scheme earning up to £250 per person (uncapped!)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- Ensure that you following the Early Years Framework.
- Ensure that training records of staff are maintained and that you support staff with their training needs.
- To manage the Out of School Service Workers and tutors in your charge.
- To deliver a programme that supports the children’s learning and development.
- Ensuring that services are delivered according to appropriate professional standards and to Ofsted requirements.
- Ensure that the ethos of the school is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that duties and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the policies of the School and Highbury Roundhouse at all times.
- Ensure that professional boundaries with children, parents and carers are maintained at all times.
- Attend daily/weekly team meetings as instructed by your line manager to discuss and assess the progress of the service.
- To ensure that all children entrusted in our care remain on the premises at all times except during organised trips and outings.
- To ensure that the building is left clean and tidy at the end of each day.
- To follow first aid procedures including keeping records of all accidents and treatments given.
- Follow rules set out in the child protection policies given to you.
- To be responsible for the administration and financial duties of the service.
- You will be responsible for preparing leaflets and marketing material for the service.
- Ensure that staff files and records are maintained and meet Ofsted requirements.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade that may be required.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours in accordance with the needs of the service.
- Be prepared to work at other sites.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.