Protocol Education are seeking a specialist SEND Teaching Assistants to work within Complex Needs schools within the Shrewsbury area. The role would be ideal for any candidate who is looking for a new setting, wants part time work or would like to work with special needs students.
For this role, the successful candidate must have:
• Experience of working within a similar setting
• Experience of supporting Working with students with ASD, MLD, PMLD. SLD
• Knowledge of the Autism spectrum
• Knowledge of SEN
• Be able to show reliance in challenging situations
• Relevant qualifications (Team Teach desirable)
• An enthusiastic and flexible approach to working
The successful candidate would be required to work within small groups and at times on a 1:1 basis with students who require additional support. You will need to have a proactive approach to use your initiative, although the class teacher will offer you constant support and guidance. The students you work with will have varied needs including Autism and physical disabilities. The ability to build positive relationships with students and staff will be key.
Protocol Education are required to take safeguarding steps which include:
- DBS check at the cost of £40, if not already have one on the government update subscription service.
- 3 year professional references and work experience, gaps listed
- Proof of address and right to work in the UK
Benefits of working with Protocol:
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer
- Free Webinars
- £250 refer a friend rebate
- NQT/ECT network community
- Social event (currently online)
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.