Protocol Education is looking for enthusiatic individuals who understand the challenges young people face in education and are passionate about contributing to the academic development of all students. You do not necessarily need to have experience based in a school environment. We would value experience working or volunteering in youth clubs, sports coaching or the care sector. As long as you display your passion for supporting young people advance in their education and have empathy for their iindividual circumstances then you will suit this role!
About the role:
- Manage and support the behaviour of pupils within the classroom environment as well as/alternatively, on a 1:1 basis with specific individuals
- Support class teacher by encouraging an active learning environment
- De-escalate any behavioural concerns during lessons in an appropriate manner and in accordance to safeguarding specifications
- Take initiative in the classroom to support pupils and aid the class teacher and/or other teaching assistants in creating a positive learning environment
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanour with the school at all times.
The candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in their attitude to the role
- Have a consistent and objective approach to pupils both in and outside of the classroom
- Instill confidence in students' abilities in lessons
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to create positive rapport with students
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of students depending on their individual capabilities.
What Protocol can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay per hour
- Weekly pay through PAYE
- Free continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £50 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education.
If this opportunity excites you, we strongly encourage you to Apply Now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.