We are working very closely with a Secondary School in Bromley to support them in finding a dedicated Youth Worker to help support personal growth for every young person. We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Youth Worker to play a crucial role in the lives of Young people to help them overcome challenges, develop life skills and build a positive future.
Responsibilties of a Youth worker:
- Provide emotional support and guidance to help navigate personal and social challenges
- Encourage self-esteem and a sense of belonging
- Collaborate with the coordinator to design and deliver engaging activities
- Engage with the community to identify unique needs of young people
- Maintain accurate records of interactions, progress and incidents
- Plan and organise outings, educational sessions that promote personal and social development
- Connect with families with appropoate resources and services when necessary
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology education or a related field
- Previous experience working with Youth
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Youth developement priciples
If you are passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of Young ones, please apply ASAP detailing your relevant experience.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.