Youth Group worker job opportunity
Part-time/ flexible working
£77-80 per day
Have you volunteered or worked for a local youth group? Were you a sports coach for a youth team? If so you would be well suited to our cover supervisor role!
We find those who have ran youth groups or who have coached youth sports teams to be ideal candidates for cover supervisor roles. You have great skills which would transfer well into the classroom.
The role of a cover supervisor is to oversea the classroom in the absence of the teacher. This involves ensuring the pre-set work is complete, maintain a positive work environment and ensure positive behaviour is displayed by students.
This role requires a confident person, who is happy to interact and support Key stage 3 and 4 students with their learning and development. Candidates should be positive roles for the students and be comfortable managing classroom behaviour.
All work is pre-set, therefore cover supervisors are not expected to do any lesson planning. Your role would be to ensure the students complete the set work provided along with maintaining a positive learning environment.
Protocol Education is working with secondary schools across Newcastle and North Tyneside. We work with schools in Morpeth, Gosforth, Jesmond, Wallsend and Whitley Bay. Secondary schools experience daily staff sickness and contact us to provide daily cover. Cover supervisors need to adapt well to new environments and be comfortable in a classroom.
This role will be a great way to gain some experience within a school. The role of a cover supervisor can be full-time, part-time or flexible.
- Oversee the classroom in the absence of the usual teacher.
- Manage behaviour in the classroom.
- Support student learning
- Create a positive and productive learning environment.
- Interact with students and staff.
- Deliver pre-planned work.
- The right to work in the UK
- Has or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS.
- Is a confident and approachable person.
- Adapts well in new environments and can work flexibility
- Has positive verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ideally candidates would have some personal or professional experience in schools or interacting with SEMH or SEND children.
- Offered conoutnious work and have a frequent income
- You will have the full support from the experienced consultants at Protocol Education, a market leaders.
- Free CPD & online training courses
- Networking opportunity with schools in Newcastle and North Tyneside.
If you are intested in this role please apply now.
If you have any questions please contact Melissa on 0191 279 7270 or email@example.com.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.