Year 5 Primary Teacher
A school in Boston are looking for a full-time Year 5 Teacher. Having been recently rated 'Good' by Ofsted they are excited about taking the school into the next phase. They are dedicated about providing their students with the best possible opportunities to learn with regular trips and experiences to learn outside the classroom. The staff are extremely encouraging, and innovation is encouraged. The school places a high emphasis on CPD for teachers, with opportunities for training and mentoring. Experienced teachers and ECTs are encouraged to apply.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver engaging lessons to Year 5 students based on the national curriculum guidelines.
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment that fosters the intellectual and social development of students.
- Assess and evaluate students' progress through various methods such as tests, classwork, and homework.
- Provide constructive feedback to students and their parents/guardians on their academic performance and areas for improvement.
- Support and guide students in their personal and social development, promoting positive behaviour and values.
- Collaborate with colleagues and parents/guardians to ensure effective communication and a holistic approach to education.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of students' attendance, achievements, and behaviour.
- Participate in staff meetings, professional development sessions, and school events as required.
- Keep abreast of educational best practises, curriculum changes, and innovative teaching methods.
- A recognised teaching qualification (e.g., PGCE, B.Ed., or equivalent) with full Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Experience teaching in Key Stage 2 (KS2), particularly in Year 5, within a UK-based primary school setting.
- A solid understanding of the national curriculum and assessment frameworks.
- Excellent classroom management skills and the ability to create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with students, colleagues, and parents/guardians.
A recognised teaching qualification (e.g., PGCE, B.Ed., or equivalent) with full Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Prior experience teaching in Key Stage 2 (KS2), particularly in Year 5, within a UK-based primary school setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with the national curriculum and assessment frameworks.
- Strong understanding of effective teaching strategies, differentiation, and assessment methods.
- Excellent classroom management skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, colleagues, and parents/guardians.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- Additional relevant qualifications or certifications.
- Experience in implementing innovative teaching approaches and technologies.
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
What Protocol Education Can Offer:
- 50 online CPD courses that you can complete at any time!
- No umbrella companies!
- A dedicated consultant here to help find you the best roles for you.
- £50 refer-a-friend scheme.
If you are interested, please apply with an up-to-date CV!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.