Well-being support worker - South Bristol
Protocol Education are recruiting for a Well-Being Support Worker for a school in South Bristol. The school focuses on a creative approach to learning and uses sensory and therapy strategies in their daily timetable to combine an individualised curriculum in a calm and purposeful environment. The successful candidate will support children with speech and language, occupational therapy and social interaction both within the classroom and at playtimes.
Experience within a school setting is not essential and transferable skills will be acepted. The school are looking for someone with a calm and reassuring nature and who is adaptable and flexible. The school pride themselves on providing a creative curriculum and making learning fun. All staff work to inspire, motivate, challenge and support each pupil, no matter what their individual needs may be.
The hours are full time Monday-Friday 8:30am - 3:30pm.
The successful applicant will:
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Maintain a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Be enthusiastic about pupil's academic and social and emotional needs
- The ability to effectively support children with differing needs in the classroom.
- Be able to provide personal, social, welfare, emotional and behavioural support
- Be confident in liaising with other staff and parents/carers
- Have high expectations of what all pupils can achieve and are able to motivate and inspire confidence and independence in pupils;
- A positive ethos underpinned by shared values
- The opportunity to be creative and innovative
- Offers an environment where the potential of each child is at the heart of everything they do
- A supportive, dedicated and forward-looking team
- Close to public transport links
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
If this is an opportunity that interests you apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.