Unqualified Teacher/Cover Supervisor - Secondary School – North Somerset
This friendly and successful school is looking for an enthusiastic cover supervisor to join their already fantastic faculty located in North Somerset. This position will offer a great start to your career within the education sector or add to your ever-growing experience!
The school are looking for someone with a degree, or strong background in core subjects OR a background of working with children i.e. a Teaching Assistant - to be able to lead and cover a variety of lessons throughout the school timetable.
This role would be perfect for someone looking to gain valuable classroom experience prior to embarking on a teaching career, or a brilliant opportunity for any graduates/ experienced Teaching Assistants seeking a change. Full and Part-time position available.
Start Date: From 17th April (can be flexible to accomodate you)
• As an unqualified teacher/cover supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising work that is pre-set in accordance with the schools’ guidelines and ensuring such work is carried out to the best of the students abilities
• You will manage the behaviour of pupils in lessons and ensure a constructive and positive environment is always enforced.
• Collecting of work at the end of the lesson and returning it to the appropriate recipient, meaning you will not have to complete any marking.
• Reporting any safeguarding concerns in line with the school’s safeguarding policy.
You will be:
• Someone who truly cares for the education of children and thrives in an environment working with likeminded individuals.
• Somebody with desire to go the extra mile
• A person who truly cares for young people
• Be someone with excellent communication skills; Verbal/written and reading comprehension
• Able to demonstrate a track record of positively impacting the lives of children. (Please note - this can be in any field Youth Work, Volunteering, Sports Clubs etc.)
- Friendly, supportive staff who work together as a genuine team
- Excellent relationships between students and teachers, meaning you can get on with actual teaching
- Will genuinely commit to your professional, career and leadership development
- Understands the need for a sensible work-life balance, so that they can get the best out of you
- Is not obsessed with performance tables – they value more than just academic achievements
What you can expect from Protocol Education:
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (No hidden umbrella costs)
- CPD courses & Free Webinars during half terms
- Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT/ ECT) Network & community
- CV writing & support
- Social events, opportunity to network with other educational staff
- A team of professional and experienced consultants to guide you
- Around the clock support and assistance from Protocol Education
- A £250 referral bonus if you refer someone new to work for Protocol Education
If this is the role for you, apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.