Unqualified Teacher/Cover Supervisor - Secondary School - South Gloucestershire, Bristol
The school is looking for an enterprising and enthusiastic cover supervisor to join their already spectacular faculty. The school values academic success, while also championing an electrifying and dynamic curriculum that challenges all students to realise their full potential, whilst also equipping them with essential life skills to help with modern day life. Such positions provide a great start to your career within the education sector or add to your ever-growing experience!
The school are looking for someone with a degree or strong background in core subjects to be able to lead and cover a variety of lessons throughout the school timetable.
This role is ideal for someone seeing to gain valuable classroom experience prior to embarking on a teaching career, or a great opportunity for any graduates seeking a bold new career change.
• As a unqualified teacher/cover supervisor, you are responsible for supervising work pre-set in accordance with the schools’ guidelines, and ensuring such work is carried out to the best of their abilities
• To manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they undertake their work and ensuring a constructive and positive environment is always enforced.
• De-escalating situations within the classroom in the correct way certifying safeguarding procedures are always adhered.
• Collecting of work at the end of the lesson and returning it to the appropriate recipient.
• Reporting any safeguarding concerns using the school’s referral procedures and safeguarding policies.
• Someone who truly cares for the education of children and thrives in an environment working with likeminded individuals.
• A person who has a passion for installing confidence, knowledge and skills into forming children into becoming members of society later in life.
• Somebody with desire to go the extra mile for their students and truly influence their futures.
• A character who truly makes a difference in the classroom and enjoys working with young people.
• Excellent communication skills; Verbal/written and reading comprehension
• Degree Educated
• Proven track record of positively impacting the lives of children, please note - this can be in any field.
• Right to work in the U.K.
Additional: Free car parking, free in house training - safeguarding training, behaviour management training, work place pension scheme (if eligible)
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 830am - 330pm
Location: South Gloucestershire, Bristol
Notes: If you are a lecturer or have previous coaching or education experience, or somebody with a specialism in a certain subject this role would be ideal. This role is also ideal for candidates that have taught outside of the UK but are looking to build their experience within the UK but may not have UK teaching qualifications (QTS). (All applicants would need to be living in the UK with a current and valid right to work in order to be considered for this role). This role is also an incredible opprortuntity for anyone who is considering applying for their teacher training in the future or making that decision on whether to teach, what subject etc as this will give you a full insight into the classroom, subjects, curriculum, school leadership teams, planning and marking, behaviour and classroom management.
Protocol Education are looking for a candidate who;
-Believes that every student, regardless of their background or need, can make outstanding progress
- Is rigorous, relentless, determined, creative, creative and inspirational in their style and presence as a leader
- Utilises a variety of teaching methods to present engaging, thoughtful lessons and CPD sessions
- Is caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the well being with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community
Protocol Eduction can offer;
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- Guaranteed work agreements that guarantee consistent work and income
- CPD during half term or summer
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
- Guidance and support from an experienced team with over 31 years experience in the education and recruitment sector
- Free Webinars on topical, relevant information within schools to enhance and keep professional knowledge updated
- £50 refer a friend rebate
- NQT/ECT network community that supports new and existing teachers
- Bowling & Pizza evenings & termly awards that celebrate outstanding performance and commitment
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If this is the role for you, apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.