Protocol Education are currently recruiting Teaching/Learning Support Assistants to work on a Full-time basis with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). You will work between 8:30am-4:00pm and will work Monday-Friday (full-time). We have positions available immediately (pending clearance).
- Supporting pupils with SEND on a 1:1 and small group basis.
- Ensuring that the pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
- Developing knowledge of the particular needs of the pupils and seeking advice from the SENCo, class teacher and outside agencies as required.
- Providing positive reinforcements, praise and rewards to pupils.
- Understanding and applying the schools policies on learning and behaviour, and the statutory guidelines relating to disability discrimination and special education needs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have fantastic interpersonal and communication skills
- Have an Enhanced DBS/ be willing to obtain one
- Be able to work Monday-Friday (term time)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- The ability to make a positive contribution to the school as a whole.
- An ability to work as part of a team.
- Be required to work closely with Class Teachers and staff, Parents, Special Needs Leader and Outside Agencies.
The Successful Candidate:
Whether you have studied Education, Psychology, Sociology or something completely different, your transferable skills are required! As an individual you will be outgoing and confident in your abilities to provide the best outcomes for your students.
You must be adaptable, motivated, and committed to providing a caring and exciting learning environment where children are valued as individuals are challenged and enabled to reach their full potential.
We can offer you:
- Experienced consultant.
- Competitive rates of pay that express your experience and responsibilities
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support throughout your placements from our dedicated team of experts
If you are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the schools pupils, apply now! All applicants will be considered by the team. Alternatively, give us a call on 0191 279 7270
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.