Trainee Cover Supervisor
£85 to £100 per day
About the role
As a Cover Supervisor you will be responsible for leading lessons of approximately 30 pupils in the absence of the class teacher. You will cover classes across the full range of secondary school subjects, but don’t worry, you are not expected to be a subject specialist in each area. The lesson will always be planned, and this will be provided in advance. It is your role as the Cover Supervisor to facilitate learning, manage classroom behaviour, record accurate registers, and provide a handover to the absent teacher. Successful Cover Supervisors are adaptable, flexible, motivated, confident and organised, they have a passion for education and supporting young people.
This role provides a great opportunity to gain experience of working within a Secondary school prior to applying to Initial Teacher Training. Although previous experience of working in a Secondary School is desirable, it is not essential.
About the school
Protocol Education are proud to support a wide range of Secondary schools throughout Lincoln and surrounding towns. Successful Cover Supervisors will be expertly supported by a dedicated team of consultants.
To be considered for the role of Trainee Cover Supervisor you will:
- Ideally have a degree or equivalent education
- Be a natural leader and someone with the confidence to lead a lesson in the absence of the class teacher
- Have a willingness to learn
- Be passionate about education and providing the highest possible level of support to young people
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Relevant experience
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
What Protocol Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Protocol Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Click onto the APPLY NOW section and submit an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Kayleigh Wneham on 01522425797 or email kayleigh.wenham@protocol-education
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.