Are you passionate about supporting students and helping them to reach their full potential?
Are you looking to gain classroom experience working with SEND children as a Teaching/Learning Support Assistant?
If you are looking to gain experience in SEND teaching and this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in, we would love to hear from you!
Job title: Teaching/Learning Support Assistant (SEND)
Location: East London
Full time / Monday - Friday / 8:30 - 15:30 or 9:00 - 16:00
Protocol Education are working in partnership with a school who are seeking an enthusastic and highly-motivated individual to join their team as a Learning Support Assisstant working within the SEND department. The school work closely with children who have Special Education Needs and Disabilities, to support and guide them throughout their education and encourage all students in the academic and social progression so they are able to reach their full potential.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a dedicated and resilient attitude and mindset
- Be open to providing personal care
- Be willing to commit to creating a positive learning environment for all students to help them flourish academically and socially
- Have prior knowledge and understanding of SEND professionally or personally and have the willingness to learn about what their students need
- Work closely alongside classroom teachers, parents, carers and professionals in delivering lessons, activites and creating an education plan for students
What you need to apply:
- An enhanced DSB check on the update service, if not then willing to get one done
- Proof of the Rights to Work within the UK
- Update CV covering the last 10 years including voluntary or employed work, education and unemployment
Please get in contact today and send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 0203 219 7745 to apply and discuss the role in more detail.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.