Position: SEN Teaching Assistant - Speech and Language Intervention
Contract Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday to Friday
As a dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant with experience in speech and language, your primary responsibility will be to provide tailored support to children with additional needs, focusing on enhancing their communication skills and overall development. You will play a crucial role in guiding students through their academic tasks and offering assistance in their day-to-day activities within the school environment. Whether working one-on-one or in small groups, your expertise will be instrumental in helping them progress and flourish.
This position as an SEN Teaching Assistant with a focus on speech and language intervention offers an incredible opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of young individuals with additional needs. Understanding of Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) stages and experience in speech and language therapy will be highly valued, enabling you to address the unique challenges students may face in their educational journey.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Previous experience working with children with additional needs or a strong desire to specialise in supporting such children, particularly in speech and language intervention.
- The ability to follow and implement EHCPs (Education, Health, and Care Plans) or other individualized educational plans designed to cater to specific learning needs.
- A genuine passion for making a positive impact on the lives of students with Special Educational Needs, fostering their communication skills and social interactions.
- The capability to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment, nurturing the growth and development of every child.
- Patience, empathy, and understanding to provide tailored support to students with diverse learning requirements.
- A proactive and flexible approach, capable of adapting to various situations and challenges that may arise in speech and language intervention.
What we offer:
- A competitive pay rate.
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (no hidden umbrella costs).
- Guidance and support from a team of professional and experienced consultants.
- A refer-a-friend bonus scheme.
- Access to over 50 online courses - available to Diploma and Certificate level, to enhance your skillset.
- Representation and trust from being a preferred supplier to over 4000 clients across the UK, offering you a wide range of opportunities.
- Proudly assisting over 10,000 candidates in gainful employment.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
Ready to Make a Difference?
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role, please apply now. Alternatively, if you wish to discuss this position further, please contact Jamie at Protocol on 01273 253196 or email email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.