Join out team as an SEND Teaching Assistant
Are you dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)? Do you have a passion for providing tailored support to help these students thrive in an educational setting? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Teaching Assistant in local schools.
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting the diverse needs of students with special educational needs and disabilities. Your dedication, compassion and adaptability will contribute to creating an inclusive learning environment where every student can succeed.
- Previous experience working with students with special educational need and disabilities is advantageous.
- A caring and patient approach, with a genuine commitment to the well-being and development of all students.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with students, teachers and parents effectively.
- Flexibility to work on a short-term or long-term basis as required by the schools.
- An understanding of various SEND conditions and the ability to adapt support strategies accordingly.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students with SEND< adapting strategies to meet individual needs.
- Collaborate with teachers to create and implement personalised education plans
- Assist in modifying curriculum materials to ensure accessibility for all students
- Foster strong relationships with students, promoting their self-confidence and engagement.
- Support classroom management and behaviour strategies to ensure a positive learning atmosphere.
- Contribute to the development of a safe and inclusive environment for all students.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and communicate updates to teachers.
- Competitive daily rate of £77-£95, commensurate with experience.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on students’ lives.
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
- Chance to work in diverse educational settings, gaining valuable experience.
- Supportive and collaborative working environment.
If you’re ready to take on an exciting role as a SEND Teaching Assistant and contribute to the success of local students, we want to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.