Job Title: SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £80 - £100 per day
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 3.30pm (Flexible hours can be considered)
Protocol Education is delighted to be recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant to join a community special school. This school caters for pupils aged 3-19 with severe and profound multiple learning difficulties, including a range of Special Educational Needs (SEN) provisions such as ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with teachers to support the learning needs of a small group of students.
- Assisting in designated curriculum areas and other requested areas to enhance the overall learning experience.
- Providing support to pupils with communication and interaction difficulties, moderate learning difficulties, and other challenges affecting their learning and confidence.
- Addressing individual needs related to language comprehension, writing, organization, and other difficulties impacting learning.
- Adapting to the varying range of abilities and complexities presented by students across different areas of the curriculum.
- Offering support to pupils with medical conditions or physical limitations.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a genuine passion for supporting students' learning journeys.
- A willingness to develop professionally in a collaborative and dynamic educational environment.
- Initiative and a positive attitude towards overcoming challenges.
- Experience is not essential; we are seeking the right individual with the right attitude.
Rewards and Benefits:
- Competitive daily rate: £80-£100 per day.
- Play a pivotal role in students' emotional development.
- Enjoy consistent work in a rewarding and supportive school environment.
- Continuous professional development through tailored training opportunities.
- Become an integral part of a collaborative school community.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with diverse needs and want to contribute to a supportive and inclusive school community, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please submit your CV or email Abi at email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.