Teaching Assistant- SEND
Have you recently graduated and looking for your next challenge? Do you have experience working with children? Or are you looking for experience to move into your chosen field? Whether you have relevent/no experience, a degree in Psychology, Sociology, Education, or something unrelated, we have a number of positions available in Teaching Assistant and Learning Support Roles to help you develop your experience whist gettng paid in a rewarding setting.
Protocol Education are currently seeking to recruit patient, resilient and confident Learning Teaching Assistants who can provide 1:1 or group support to a range of children, some of whom with SEND and challenging behaviours, at a local secondary school in Newcastle upon Tyne. The demand is currently very high in the current market for LSAs and Teaching Assistants to be available to provide this 1:1 support for children who need it the most.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach and understand how to respond to challenging behaviours
- Hold a university degree
- Be able to work Monday-Friday (term time)
- Have experience and/or knowledge of working with children with SEND (not essential)
- Be able to support children on a 1:1 basis and in small groups
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with young children and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
- Be flexible and to work as part of a team
- Be required to work closely with class teachers and staff, parents, special needs leader, and outside agencies
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the child and in adapting and/or developing activities and games that support the development of the child’s independent communication and learning skills
The school can offer:
- A fully inclusive ethos for all who learn and work in the community
- A commitment to doing the very best for all children in the school
- An inclusive, calm, and caring learning environment
- A supportive and encouraging ethos, to allow you to develop at your own pace
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the suitable qualifications and personal qualities, we would encourage you to Apply Now.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.