Job Role: Specialist Teaching Assistant
Job Type: Full Time (Part Time Positions Available)
Location: High Wycombe
Pay: £77 - £90 per day + £50 Referral + PAYE
Protocol Education are looking for teaching assistants to work in an Ofsted rated “good” SEND school in High Wycombe. If you have relevant experience working with children or adults with learning difficulties apply today for a role which is challenging but extremely rewarding.
About the school:
This special school in High Wycombe caters to children aged 2 - 19 years with a wide range of disabilities. With over 300 pupils on roll, it is one of the largest special schools in the country and meets the needs of children and young people with moderate learning difficulties, severe learning difficulties with profound and multiple needs as well as pupils with autism. The school is purpose built with specialist facilities including a dedicated nursery and post-16 base, soft-play area, hydrotherapy pool, multi-sensory room, a newly refurbished library, well-equipped IT suite, dedicated music room and large sports hall.
Working as a Teaching Assistant you will provide support for SEND students in order to ensure that they’re getting the best out of their education and are given an equal opportunity to succeed outside of the classroom. Initially you will work on a temporary basis, however there could be the option for a school to offer you a long-term position should they require.
• Build and maintain successful relationships with young people.
• Support a named pupil or a group of students in traditional and non-traditional learning environments
• Offer a supportive approach in a role-modelling/mentoring capacity
• Assist learners with their physical, personal care or medical needs promoting independence
• Implement specific educational programmes for young people.
• Deliver activities to small groups of identified young people.
• Record observations on young people's behaviour and progress
• Experience of behaviour that challenges
What we need from you:
Whether you have previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or are passionate about improving the outcomes of young people, this role could be for you. As an individual you will be outgoing and confident in your abilities to support and encourage young people to succeed.
It is desired (although not essential) that applicants have extra qualifications such as Team Teach.
We would be really interested to hear from candidates who have experience working in settings such as, youth offending services, the emergency services, residential care homes, youth services creative industries, sports coaching or graduates of Drama, Psychology or Sports Studies.
What Protocol can offer:
• A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
• Access to over 50 CPD courses of Diploma and Certificate level, used to help further your understanding and help you progress further within your career.
• Flexibility - Whether you’re wanting full or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer you daily, long term or even permanent work.
• Competitive Rates
• Refer a friend scheme: £50 to any candidate who refers an individual who begins working for Protocol
• The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry, through awards and accreditations.
If you believe that this is the right role for you, then please submit your CV below or email Abi at email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.