Teaching Assistant - Great opportunity !!!!
A forward-thinking secondary/Primary school in BS1 and sourrounding area's are looking to appoint a teaching assistnat to join their collaborate student support team on a full-time basis. The schools pride themselves on not having a generic 'one size fits all' approach, as they provide specific, tailored learning programmes to fit the needs of their students. Whilst the school isnt mainstream, it has a creative/flexiable timetable for students with additional learning or behaviour needs (SEND/SEMH), where the students receive direct support by working 1:1 or small groups with a teaching assistant. You may support student with Anxiety, Low Mood, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Condition or students with low attendance and poor engagement with learning as a whole.
Whilst you may have experience of working in an education setting already, you may have experience in the following instead:
- Working in the care or mental health sector
- A degree or strong background in subjects such as Psychology, Sociology, Counselling etc
- Support or social worker/ NHS worker
- Youth Work/ extra-curricular activities
- Volunteering with children or vulnerable adults
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 8.30am-4.00pm, Monday to Friday. If you are seeking a Full-time or Part-time position, please still get in touch!
The successful applicant will:
- Be passionate about the academic and personal development of children.
- Be confident in managing varying behaviours.
- Be able to work well as part of a team, being considerate of others.
- Be willing to share their ideas and contribute.
- Be patient, calm and empathetic.
- Understand the issues that young people face today.
- Engage and inspire pupils, through building strong and trusting relationships.
- Be dedicated, reliable and punctual.
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- The opportunity for you to network and meet an array of schools, allowing you to work in both SEND and mainstream, Primary or Secondary schools (if preferred)
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £50 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.