A school in Southend is looking for an experienced Learning Support Assistant.
The role of the successful candidate involves:
- Working across KS1 and KS2 and providing one to one assistance within the class with those with particular needs.
- To work effectively with small groups of children.
Ideal candidate will ave the following:
- Have a good general standard of education
- Demonstrate a caring and patient approach to supporting children
- Be able to model excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Are able to help children of all abilities, including those with special educational needs to learn as effectively and independently as possible, both individually and in small groups.
- Are able to prepare materials and resources to support individuals, small groups and classroom activities
- Lead interventions for children with individual targets and small groups of children in literacy and numeracy
This is a full time role
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.