Join out team as a Makaton trained Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about supporting students with communication challenges? Do you hold a Makaton training qualification or have experience and have a desire to make a positive impact in the classroom? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Teaching Assistant in local schools.
As a Makaton trained Teaching Assistant, your expertise in using Makaton will be invaluable in creating an inclusive learning environment for students with communication difficulties. Your role will involve supporting students, collaborating with teacher, and contributing to their education journey.
- Provide targeted support to students with communication challenges, using your Makaton skills.
- Assist teachers in adapting lessons and materials to cater to the needs of Makaton users.
- Develop strong relationships with students, fostering a sense of belonging and engagement.
- Work alongside the school’s special educational needs team to implement personalised education plans.
- Help maintain a positive classroom atmosphere and manage behaviour effectively.
- Support students during various activities and outings, ensuring their safety and participation.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and report back to the classroom teacher.
- Makaton training qualification is essential or relevant experience.
- Prior experience working with students who have communication difficulties is advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with students and colleagues.
- Patience, empathy and a genuine passion for supporting the learning journey of diverse students.
- Flexibility to work full time or part time, based on individual school requirements
- Competitive daily rate of £77-£95, commensurate with experience.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on students’ lives.
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
- Chance to work in diverse educational settings, gaining valuable experience.
- Supportive and collaborative working environment.
If you’re ready to take on an exciting role as a Makaton trained Teaching Assistant and contribute to the success of local students, we want to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.